WASHINGTON (Oct. 6, 2014)—The third installment in National Geographic’s “365 Days” series, DAILY GRATITUDE: 365 DAYS OF REFLECTION (National Geographic Books; ISBN: 978-1-4262-1379-3; on sale Oct. 28, 2014; $19.95 hardcover) inspires readers to reflect daily on what’s important in their lives. It highlights the elements — large and small — that make life precious. With edifying quotations and powerful nature photographs, the book is divided into monthly chapters that focus on a different aspect of a fulfilling life: growth, family, friendship, love, happiness, beauty, adventure, home, faith, perspective, wisdom and harmony. With meaningful words from such luminaries as Amelia Earhart, Henry David Thoreau and Maya Angelou, this beautiful book offers uplifting inspiration.
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder
- “Cease to inquire what the future has in store, and take as a gift whatever the day brings forth.” — Horace
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” — Karl Barth
- “The three grand essentials to happiness in life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” — Joseph Addison
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” — T.S. Eliot
- “All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.” — Mitch Albom
A perfect gift for any occasion, DAILY GRATITUDE encourages one to savor what’s important every day of the year.
About National Geographic Books
National Geographic Books & Home Entertainment creates and distributes books, videos and other print and digital media that inform, engage and entertain diverse audiences about our world. Annually, the group publishes more than 125 new books for adults, families and kids and releases 250+ new DVDs and digital downloads of the Society’s films and TV shows. These National Geographic titles are available in more than 35 local-language editions. While special photographic and film collections, travel books, nature shows, birding guides and atlases are a core focus of the Society’s products, books and videos on subjects as diverse as animals, the human mind, history, world cultures and the cosmos are also produced. For more information, visit facebook.com/NatGeoBooks and nationalgeographic.com/books.