National Geographic also in contention for the first-ever Webby “Media Company of the Year” award, presented to the media company that performs best across all Webby Award categories, alongside Vice Media, Condé Nast, Turner and Viacom
Voting for the Webby People’s Voice Awards is open now until Thursday, April 19, 2018, at 11:59PM (ET)
Washington, D.C., April 3, 2018 —National Geographic has earned 24 nominations and 3 honorees from the 22nd Annual Webby Awards, garnering the third-most Webby nominations of any organization. Considered the internet’s highest honor, the Webby Awards received more than 13,000 entries this year from all 50 states and 70 countries worldwide. Fewer than 10% of the thousands of global entries were selected as Nominees.
Voting for The Webby People’s Voice Awards, voted on by Internet fans around the world, closes April 19th. Winners will be announced the following Tuesday, April 24th.
Read more about National Geographic’s nominated work here.
For more information, see the Webby Awards press release here.
Anna Kukelhaus Dynan
The nominations & honorees include:
- National Geographic Society: Websites – Features & Design (Best Home/Welcome Page)
- Pristine Seas: Websites – General (Green)
- National Geographic: Social – Features (Best Overall Social Presence – Media/Entertainment)
- National Geographic: Social – Content & Marketing (Education & Discovery)
- National Geographic Photography: Websites – Features & Design (Best Use of Photography)
- Safari Live On-Demand: Social – Features (Best Social Video Series)
- National Geographic + Airbnb: “Moment of Totality”: Social – Features (Promotions & Contests)
- Safari Live: Social – Content & Marketing (Animals)
- National Geographic Geo Quiz Alexa Skill: Games – General (Word & Trivia)
- Seven Things to Know About Climate Change: Websites – Features & Design (Best Data Visualization)
- Safari Live Facebook Page: Social – Video (Events & Live Streaming)
- Hummingbirds: Websites – Features & Design (Best Use of Video or Moving Image)
- National Geographic’s 101 Series: Social – Video (Education & Discovery)
- “Genius” Chalkboard: Advertising, Media & PR – Individual (Experience Marketing)
- National Geographic + Nike: “Breaking2”: Film & Video – Branded Entertainment (Sports)
- National Geographic Photo Ark: Websites – Features & Design (Best Use of Photography)
- Cassini’s Grand Tour: Websites – Features & Design (Best Use of Animation or Motion Graphics)
- National Geographic Kids: Websites – General (Youth)
- @natgeo Instagram: Social – Features (Best Photography & Graphics)
- Hummingbirds: Mobile Sites & Apps – Features (Best Visual Design – Aesthetic)
- National Geographic Travel: Websites – General (Travel)
- “Genius” Chatbot: Advertising, Media & PR – Individual (Messaging/Bots)
- “The Long Road Home” VR: Film & Video – Virtual Reality & 360 Video (VR: Cinematic or Pre-Rendered)
- “The Long Road Home” VR: Film & Video – Virtual Reality & 360 Video (360-Video)